Peter and I eat Persian food almost every single day and it’s always accompanied by Shirazi salad. This is a perfect summer salad because it’s so fresh. It works year round, of course, but there’s something about eating Shirazi Salad on a hot summer day.
- 3 or 4 medium cucumbers
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 white or yellow onion
- 2 tbsp dried mint
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dice the cucumber, tomato, and onion. Combine in a bowl. Hold your hands over the salad and rub the mint between your palms so that the oils in your skin activate the flavour.
- Add the lime juice, season with salt and pepper, and stir gently to mix. Serve.