This is one of mine and Peter’s favourite meals because the flavour combinations are so delicious and refreshing. I remember my Aunt would usually bring this salad to family get-togethers and I always took seconds. I had thought to make it for Peter before, but wasn’t sure if he’d like the cold pasta. I was proven wrong when my cousin made it for us a few months ago and Peter ate more of the salad than the rest of the meal. We’ve had it almost weekly ever since.
GREEK ORZO SALAD
- 2 cups orzo
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook orzo as directed on package. After cooking, drain and run under cold water.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Can be served immediately, but tastes best if it has been in the fridge for an hour or two.